Access Statement For Goodenough Club
Goodenough Club over looks the beautiful
The following statement is a summary of our provision, if you have any kind of question please do not hesitate to contact us and we will endeavour to assist.
- There are 2 tube stations within a walking distance from Goodenough Club, Russell square 5 minutes and Kings Cross tube stations 10 minutes, operating various tube lines to different destinations in
- The nearest overland train station is located within Kings Cross and it is called St Pancras, with various out of town destinations, including international destination such as Paris and Belgium.
- Within a stone’s throw there is
Guilford Street, the best spot to hail a cab if in a hurry; otherwise the reception team will be delighted to arrange a taxi pick up while waiting.
- Our extremely user friendly website enables you to contact us and process booking requests.
- You can contact us via:
- Tel: 020 7837 8831
- Fax: 020 7837 9321
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brochures and local area maps are available at reception upon request.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Our professional reception team are there to ensure a memorable and enjoyable stay at the Goodenough Club from the moment you arrive. After check-in you will be escorted to your room and informed of all the in-room facilities such as: Internet access, Telephone, TV and complimentary hot drinks tray.
- If you are driving to the Goodenough Club, please note that we are able to offer you a discounted ticket to the RCP car parking located at
40 Bernard Street, with very clear and easy access.
- We are located in the heart of
Bloomsburywhere a massive choice of dinning and other amenities are offered in very close by trendy restaurants and shopping centre. A list of the best available restaurants is located in the guest information pack which is kept in the guest bedroom.
- If you prefer to take the underground, then you have two choices. Either
Russell Squareor Kings Cross underground stations, the closest one is Russell Squarewhich is about 5 minute walk to the Goodenough Club.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The front door has 2 steps 18cm each. We have a temporary ramp available if requested. We can provide you with this facility on arrival and every time you need it thereafter during your stay.
- The main front door to the Goodenough Club is open at all times (weather permitting). We only lock this door at night but you can open it with the key card provided to open your own bedroom.
- The door is 220cm wide with a round wooden knob and a door knocker above it.
- On the left hand side of the door is a buzzer for entry.
- As you walk in the main door, reception is located on the left hand side.
- There is a seating provided in the reception area.
- There is wood flooring throughout the reception area.
Public Areas- General (Internal)
- The Goodenough Club has a Guest Lounge located on the lower ground floor of House 23. There is one computer there for Club guests to use, as well as a seating area and a small well equipped library with books, magazines and newspapers.
- Our corridors have a good colour contrast and are well lit; all corridors and staircases are carpeted.
- Starting from the ground floor to the 4th (top floor), there are 77 staircases (17cm average), the Goodenough Club has no lifts facility as it is grade II listed buildings.
- The staircases between the 2nd and 3rd floor in House 22 and 24 are closed at all times as they are very narrow and may be dangerous. Therefore the 3rd floor of the latter houses can be accessed by using either House 21, 23 or 25.
There is one guest WC located on the ground floor of House 21. You will need a key to access the main house and Reception can issues a key upon request.
The Great Hall – Dinning Room, Freddie’s Café and Bar / Guest Lounge
- The Great Hall and Freddie’s Café Bar are located 70 meters away in London House (
) where all meals and drinks are served. Goodenough College
- Hot breakfast is served in the Great Hall between 07.30 and 10.15 during week days. During the weekend it is served between 08.00 and 11.00.
- Lunch is served in Freddies Café Bar between 12noon and 14.00.
- Dinner in the Great Hall between 18.30 and 20.30 during the week, and from 18.00 until 20.00 during the weekend.
- Freddie’s Café Bar serves drinks and meals throughout the day until 22.00; background music is played in this bar.
- We do not play background music in any area of the Great Hall.
- The Guest Lounge located in the lower ground of the Club, in House 23, is open for continental breakfast on Mon-Fri from 06:30 to 09:30 and 07:30-10:30 on weekends. Please note that weekends will be a “Grab and Go service”
Laundry & Dry cleaning
This service is available and is provided from Monday to Friday except Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Years Day. Received by 09.00 returned same day by 19.00.
There are no shops available within the premises, but the neighbourhood enjoys a variety of shopping places such the Brunswick Shopping Centre and also corner shops, all within a walking distance.
Nuffield Health Club
Extremely well equipped, including 19m swimming pool and squash courts. A day pass can be purchased from the reception at £10.00.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
The above facilities are available at the Goodenough Club. The suite is the venue, which must be booked in advance. Please contact Reservations for more information.
There are 65 attractively furnished en-suite bedrooms, spread throughout 5 different houses and mews area; each house has its own access main door apart from the Mews House which is located in the courtyard and accessible through all houses.
- All rooms are well equipped with flat screen TV, and new IP telephone, wireless and wired unlimited internet access, hairdryer, toiletries and complementary hot drinks tray.
- 19 single bedrooms which are located mostly on the second and third floor of each house. 33 doubles/twins located on all floors and in all houses. 7 family rooms located on the ground, first and third floor.
- 4 classic Georgian style garden suites, boasting high ceilings, chandeliers and separate living room. These are ideal for private business meetings/receptions and are located on the first floor of Houses 22, 23, 24 and 25.
GARDEN SUITES (~ 47 m2)
- King Size Bed 5.00’’ * 6.60’’, carpet floors, 2 x bedside tables, a telephone, wardrobes, full length mirror, pictures, easy chair and a bin.
- Sofa, 2 x armchairs, occasional folding table, a desk, a standard lamp, a mirror, pictures, flat screen 32” TV, upholstered ottoman, side table, TV cupboard, 4 lamps telephone and a bin.
FAMILY ROOMS (~ 24-26 m2)
- Twin beds: 2 * (3.00” * 6.30’’), King size bed: 5.00’’ * 6.60’’, carpet floors, TV open cupboard, wardrobe incl. shelves & suitcase stand, bedside table, telephone, TV , armchair, desk, desk chair, reading lamp, bedside lights, pictures, mirror, hairdryer and a bin.
- Small (~ 14 m2), standard (~ 16-17 m2) and superior (~ 26 m2) Mews twins/doubles (~ 15 m2).
- Twin beds: 2 * (3.00” * 6.30’’), King size bed: 5.00’’ * 6.60’’, garden and courtyard: carpet floors, Mews: wooden floors, TV open cupboard, wardrobe incl. Shelves & suitcase stand, bedside table, telephone, TV, desk, chair, reading lamp, bedside lights, pictures, mirror, bin and hairdryer.
- Small (~ 4-7 m2), standard (~9-11 m2) and superior (~15 m2). Mews singles (~13 m2).
- Single bed 3.00’’ * 6.30’’, garden and courtyard: carpet floors, Mews: wooden floors, bedside table, telephone, TV, desk, chair, reading lamp, bedside lights, pictures, mirror, bin and a hairdryer.
Bathrooms, shower-room and WC
- All our bedroom types consist of en-suite walk-in showers apart from 3 bedrooms that have bathtubs.
- The bathroom door width is 73cm opening outwards.
- The shower door width is 53cm opening outwards.
- Free floor space clear of door is 130cmx155cm.
- The shower cubical has a step/edge of 23cm, there is no grab rail.
- The bathtub edge is 61cm high.
- The toilet is 41cm high.
- Mobile phone reception and wireless signals are generally excellent.
- We run a ‘No Smoking’ policy as per August 2007 legislation, so it is strictly a non smoking establishment.
- In case of emergency evacuation all 5 main doors can be used and they are automatically demagnetized for easy egress and access. Evacuation is imminent if the alarm sounds continuously. The gathering point is in the
and directly opposite the Goodenough Club. If you require more assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival and we will ensure you are evacuated safely e.g. hearing impairment. Mecklenburgh Garden
- We are happy to take any delivery and/or hired equipments, please let us know in advance in order to avoid any inconveniences in case items are returned to senders and hirers.
- All rooms are equipped with a small minibar fridge which can be used to store your own food, medication and drinks. If necessary we can put larger items in a bigger fridge on request (not available 24hrs).
23 Mecklengurgh Square, Bloomsbury, WC1N 2AD, London, UK
- Telephone: Tel: 020 7837 8831
- Fax: 020 7837 9321
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.club.goodenough.ac.uk/
- Hours of operation: open throughout the year 24H 7D
- Main switchboard operates on a 24h basis
- Local police: 0207 404 1212
- Private Doctor: 0207 291 6666
- Holborn Medical Centre: 0844 477 1770
- Aqua Laundry: 0208 342 3277
Underground: 0207 222 1234 London
- National Rail: 0845 748 4950
Authority: 087 0000 0123 British Airport
- Addison Lee: 0207 387 8888
- City TransferUK: 0208 969 2777